Younity is a Joint Venture between the Midcounties Co-operative and Octopus Energy focussed on community energy.
Community energy is typically renewable power produced at a local level by communities, with profits returning and benefiting local community initiatives. Younity’s aim is to be the ethical supplier of choice for community energy groups to partner with, whilst inspiring and facilitating the growth of the community energy movement.
As a Marketing Manager, you will be:
- Developing and deliver the marketing and communications strategy in line with business aims and goals
- Manage and create content to position Younity as a leader in the community energy space
- Grow the brand identity to facilitate greater public engagement with community energy, with a strong focus in developing youth engagement in the sector
- Drive authority and brand innovation through content creation, management, and publication across platforms (including website)
- Keep up to date with relevant external energy/sustainability news and activity that could be utilised for marketing purposes. Be commercially aware of competitor activity and changes within the industry
- Identify and manage external engagement/brand exposure opportunities, including events and industry awards
- Forge relationships with community energy groups to identify and facilitate potential marketing collaborations
- Co-ordinate marketing and communication campaigns with Midcounties Co-op and Octopus Energy teams where applicable
- Deliver product marketing through working collaboratively with the Business Development team
- Undertake copywriting as needed to required standards
- Provide a monthly marketing activity report with relevant insights for board review
To be a successful candidate for this role you will need:
- An active interest in sustainability with knowledge of corporate social responsibility
- Take ownership and lead marketing activities, from idea inception through to strategy and delivery
- Be self-motivated - able to work both independently but contribute to a collaborative environment
- Work within agreed financial budgets
- Ability to work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of 2-5 years in marketing experience
- Aptitude for all aspects of the marketing mix
- Energy/sustainability experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in an agile environment, adapting quickly to internal and external market changes, taking initiative to lead projects to ensure business success
Why Join Us?
Joining a multi-sector business means you would get benefits from a range of different areas:
- Rewards from a range of business groups!
- Competitive salary
- Free onsite parking